Monday 12 June 2017

Photography and why I love it!

Hi everyone! First of all, I want to apologise for not posting in what feels like a lifetime (about 6-7 months). I've not felt very creative and I've had other things that I needed to focus on- however, I'm back with a new post today! I'm going to be sharing some of my photography with you, because if you didn't already know, it's my favourite hobby and will hopefully soon be my career! 

I know there's a lot of mixed views on Photography as some people think it's something that anyone can do and therefore class it as nothing special. However, no Photographer is the same and there are many different types of Photography, it's all about what suits you best!

Personally, I haven't had a lot of 'professional experience' yet. I started out by just enjoying taking photos of the sky on my iPhone, then carried on this hobby by taking Photography as a GCSE at school which I got a B in (as I was very ill on the day of my exam which put my grade down sadly). Since then, I've taken a short course at College and I bought a camera in order to improve on my skills. I think the best thing to do with Photography is take things step-by-step as it can get pretty complicated if you don't know what you're doing!

I currently have a Photography Instagram account which enables me to be able to display my work as well as get feedback from other Photography accounts. At the moment, I still class it as a hobby but would definitely love it to be my full time career.

Here are some examples of my work:

 As you can see, my main focus is nature and landscape Photography. This is because there are lots of areas near me where I can do this and I always love the turn out. I find that things such as sunsets and trees are very photogenic and colourful which is very my style.




I like this photo as it's kind of blurred which makes it effective as the sun stands out but the grass adds texture to the photo too.





This photo was actually taken by accident (which explains the blurriness) however I really like the turn out of it as it's very different and it's also colourful which is my style.

 I tried to experiment by taking a large variety of tree photos in order to see which would be the most effective. I liked this photos as the dark branches stood out against the colour which gave a nice contrast.
 This is one of my all time favourite photos as I think it looks a bit like a painting. I like how I positioned this photo.
 I then tried another technique- I stood my mum in front of some trees to get a range of textures in the photo. Again, I really like how this photo turned out.
 This photo took a lot of effort (especially if these things scare you as much as they scare me) as I had to capture the photo mid-movement! I like how the photo is quite dark and almost looks like just a shadow of the bird.





I really hoped you enjoyed today's post and if you would like me to start posting more about my Photography then feel free to let me know! :)

- Amy x


2 comments: